US work authorization (Required)
food preparation: 1 year (Preferred)
Serve Safe Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
POSITION SUMMARY: The Tasting Room Deli Associate reports to the Tasting Room Supervisor and works in collaboration with the Executive Chef and is responsible for the production of quality meals in the Séka Hills tasting room. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, food preparation, logistics operations, meal service, set up and clean up, manage inventory of food and kitchen supplies, ordering processing, sanitation and stocking. The Tasting Room Deli Associate must have the ability to creatively solve problems in a fluid environment. The right candidate will share our passion for food as well as educating our community. They are ambassadors of the Séka Hills brand and are expected to embody the customer service ideals of the Yocha Dehe Wintun Nation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Provides daily meal preparation, service and clean up.
- Responsible for preparing food items from deli menu.
- Conducts daily sanitation of kitchen and adjourning spaces.
- Maintains stock of daily accessible staple items.
- Maintains food, supplies, kitchen and stockroom inventory.
- Conducts regularly scheduled physical inventories.
- Receives, records, processes and stocks ordered and received items.
- Greets all visitors to the tasting room.
- Pours wines and oils for tasting, as needed.
- Creates a memorable experience for the guests.
- Describes wines, oils and olive mill history; answer visitors’ questions about Séka Hills products, as needed.
- Provides general tourist information.
- Handles routine sales transactions which include operating cash register and accounting of daily sales, as needed.
- Assists with displays and stocking of retail items and wines.
- Assists in maintaining cleanliness of facilities.
- Assists with special events.
- Represents winery at outside functions, as needed.
- Acquires and maintains thorough knowledge of Séka Hills and YDWN.
- Maintains regular attendance.
- Drives company vehicle to offsite deliveries and ensures consistent set up, delivery and breakdown with each request, despite the location.
- Ability to build and sustain professional work relationships with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
- In the absence of a supervisor on shift, may act as a point of contact for customer issues that arise during the shift, disseminating directives from supervisor to staff as well as reporting back to supervisor events, issues and any other notable feedback following shift.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
Education and Experience
One-year certificate from college or technical school; or six months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Communication and Comprehension Skills
Excellent oral communication skills a must. Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Excellent interpersonal skills both in person and by phone with a high degree of professionalism. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole number, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations. Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions. Ability to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in standardized situations.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Office applications with the ability to use word processing, spreadsheets, and database management software. Familiarity with POS systems a plus.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
Individuals must be able to successfully pass the Tribal Gaming Agency (TGA) Background Check. Must possess a valid driver’s license, and maintain a driving record that is satisfactory to the Tribe’s insurance carrier. Serve Safe Certification preferred, certification can be provided onsite if needed.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit, use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms, talk, hear, and smell. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; climb and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Additional Conditions of Employment
Must be 21 years of age or older. Must be able to work with diverse population and with cultural sensitivity. Must be willing to sign the Tribe’s Non-Disclosure, Non-Disparagement and Confidentiality Agreement. Recognizes and maintains confidentiality.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- How did you hear about this position?
- Are you available to work Wednesday through Sunday, 10am-6pm?
- food preparation: 1 year (Preferred)
- Serve Safe Certification (Preferred)
- Multiple locations