From $15 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Tasting Room Associates (Full-time & Part-Time) needed for our expanding sales team (PASO ROBLES).
compensation: Hourly Rate DOE + Club Commissions + Tips + benefits for full-time attendants (attendants typically average $24-$35 per hr)
employment type: full-time/part-time
Seeking Full-Time/Part-Time Tasting Room Associate
Tasting Room Sales and Hospitality
Location: West-side, Paso Robles, CA
We are seeking enthusiastic, customer-service-driven individuals for our tasting room (Paso Robles).
Must be passionate about wine and have winery or customer service experience. Must be at least 21 years of age, be able to repeatedly lift 50 pounds, and be able to stand for long periods of time. Must be available to work weekends and special events.
Our West-side winery is looking for Part-Time and Full-time Tasting Room Associates to join our expanding sales staff and join our family-run, boutique winery.
Qualities and Abilities:
Experience in tasting room or similar customer service environment is a must, with a strong focus on sales skills.
- Warm and friendly, outgoing, professional, reliable, and trustworthy with a focus on excellence and customer service
- Ability and desire to become knowledgeable about wines and wine grape-growing in the Paso Robles region specifically
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Remain standing and actively working for up to 8 hours (with limited breaks if necessary).
- Able to lift up to 50lbs.
- Conduct wine tastings
- Educate and promote our wines, Wine Club, and the Paso Robles region, overall
- Consistently demonstrate a friendly, professional attitude
- Being extra vigilant for underage customers; asking for ID consistently
- Identifying and acknowledging Wine Club Members, making them feel welcome/special
- Strong ability to sell Wine Club Memberships
- Familiarity with the local restaurants, attractions, and amenities
- Email, Microsoft Word/Excel, POS and database management, and social media platform experience
- Keeping tasting room space clean and organized
- Maintaining professional personal conduct and appearance inside the workplace and industry-related events
We are looking for the right candidates to add to the modern, professional atmosphere we are building in our Tasting Room. Because we are a close-knit team, the ability to work well with others is crucial.
Hours are typically 10:30 am – 6 pm. Event coverage and weekends are required of all Tasting Room staff. The ability to be on-call for emergencies is appreciated.
Please send a RESUME expressing your interest – thank you!
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: From $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Retirement plan
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Weekend availability
- Commission pay
All customers are required to wear a mask when entering the winery. Gloves are provided at each workstation along with a host of sanitation supplies.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Food Service: 1 year (Preferred)
- Restaurant Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location