$50,000 – $65,000 a year
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
English and Spanish (Preferred)
US work authorization (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Rock Star Wine Club & Tasting Room Manager, Events Coordinator
Adobe Road Winery in Petaluma California is building a once-in-a-lifetime, 15,000 ft.² Winery and Entertainment Center in beautiful downtown Petaluma along the Petaluma River waterfront. The facility has large indoor and outdoor tasting rooms with 40 foot doors opening to the waterfront, fire pits, outdoor pizza oven and an amphitheater style corporate & banquet facility. Plans includes building a first-ever, third story “Miami/ South Beach style flat party-deck,” as well as a fun & interactive “Motorsports Museum,” in partnership with the sister company, the Championship Winning professional sportscar team TRG(The Racers Group). Construction begins next month with a scheduled finish in 10 to 12 months. The Facility will be truly Epic.
The winery is currently utilizing a temporary tasting room downtown and traffic is solid. The company also has a strong national, direct to consumer program and has 1200 members in the wine club and is growing fast. The company is looking for a truly Bad-Ass, full-time, wine club and tasting room manager with solid event coordinator experience.
The Adobe Road Winery Wine Club and Tasting Room Manager oversees the tasting room staff as well as the daily interaction with the wine club members. The manager works directly with the owners to generate sales and grow the company with both on-premise and DTC sales. The tasting room is centrally located in downtown Petaluma, affording great opportunities for growth.
- Create a warm & welcoming environment for our guests and club members
- Full responsibility and deep understanding of wine club software (Wine Direct, Commerce7, Ship Compliant)
- Strong experience in running the Wine Club
- Conduct educational, engaging, & memorable wine tasting experiences for all guests
- Sales focus―effectively sell & upsell wine, experiences, and memberships.
- Innovate and communicate with wine club members to grow as well as strategies for retention
- Community outreach―build relationships with Petaluma Visitors’ Bureau and Chamber of Commerce as well as with neighboring hotels, restaurants, wine tasting rooms & their staff
- Business development―create a prospect list and pitch event opportunities to local businesses
- Manage all levels of hospitality staff, including mentoring, training/coaching, hiring, conflict resolution, etc. to build a high performing team
- Bring excitement, set standards, execute high quality service
- Anticipate needs and be forward thinking. Set goals for staff and a plan to achieve/exceed them
- Create and schedule team meetings & tastings to enhance knowledge, communication, and teamwork
- Scheduling of staff for tasting room and events
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship building skills with a positive, team- oriented attitude
- Manage multiple tasks & deadlines, prioritize as needed, with a strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain a clean and organized space at all times.
- Attend outside events as needed
- Manage cash & sales reporting
- Work well within a small team & family ownership and not afraid of hard work and long hours
- A knowledge of and passion for wine
- Friendly, positive, and professional appearance and disposition
- Superior customer service & sales skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Must be available to work weekends, special events, and holidays
- Ability to lift 50 pounds and stand for long periods of time
This position is full time, compensation is salary plus commission and can be negotiated based on skill. We are not afraid to pay strong for the right candidate.
Benefits include Vacation, PTO, Health insurance and optional vision and dental.
Please do not apply unless you meet or exceed the above qualifications and goals.
This is a dream job for the right candidate.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $50,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
All employees are required to wear masks. Offices are outfitted with air purifiers. Numerous hand sanitizing stations. Tasting Room is outdoors with tables appropriately spaced. Reservations are required.
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Supervising Experience: 2 years (Preferred)
- Customer Service: 2 years (Preferred)
- English and Spanish (Preferred)
- One location