Full Job Description
The Servers role is to provide ?Guest First? service at all times. This includes friendly and timely interaction with Guests and Team Members, suggestive selling, answering questions, taking and delivering the Guests? order, cooperative service, and following up to ensure each Guest receives their correct food and/or drink order. Every Guest is made to feel welcome at all times.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Welcomes and greets the Guests following established service guidelines
- Answers questions and makes recommendations about our food, beverages, features, and other restaurant functions and services
- Clearly understands correct procedures in serving Guests with allergens
- Takes food and beverage orders from Guests, repeating order for Guest confirmation.
- Correctly enters orders in our point-of-sale system following established ringing guidelines
- Follows alcohol awareness procedures to prevent Guest intoxication; notifies Manager of any questions
- Delivers food and beverages to Guests
- Prepares final bill, presents check to Guest, accepts payment, and processes credit card charges.
- Follows established cash handling procedures.
- Performs side work at the start, throughout, and end of each shift as required
- Performs all duties and responsibilities according to the Company?s written Employment Guidelines
- May be assigned additional tasks in support of the business
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with Guests, other Team Members, and Managers in the predominant language(s) of our guests
- Possess basic math skills and have the ability to handle money and operate a point of sale system
- Must have a working knowledge of dining room and service procedures and functions
- Ability to manage his or her own work flow and resolve questions and problems with supervisor
- Ability to stand and/or walk throughout the entire shift and work in a restaurant environment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Regularly required to stand and walk for long periods of time
- At least six months of related experience preferred
- High school diploma or general equivalency diploma (GED) preferred
- Alcohol certification required or ability to obtain one
- Food handler’s certification required or ability to obtain one
- The physical demands described are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member will be regularly required to stand, walk, use hands/fingers, to handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and talk or hear.
- The Team Member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl and taste or smell.
- Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
Romano’s Macaroni Grill® reserves the right to revise or change this job description as the need arises. This job description is not all inclusive of total job responsibilities nor does it constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Romano’s Macaroni Grill® is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to building and developing a high-quality, restaurant operating company by focusing on our key values, our team and our strategic partnerships. All qualified individuals seeking job opportunities with Romano’s Macaroni Grill® will receive consideration for employment and promotion without regard to race, color, religion, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, the presence of non-job related medical conditions, or any other basis prohibited by state or federal laws.