Full Job Description
- Reports to work well-groomed, in clean and proper uniform and practices good personal hygiene.
- Greets all guests in a kind, courteous and respectable way.
- Accountable for proper handling of cash, credit card information, gift cards and all things related to the payment of guest checks.
- Takes verbal drink and meal orders according to guest preference.
- Serves high quality food and checks all orders to ensure they are complete, prepared as ordered, portioned correctly and attractive in appearance.
- Monitors and oversees food temperatures during hot and cold handling to reduce the incidence of risk factors known to cause food borne illness.
- Maintains cleanliness of work station and pantry.
- Performs side work during shift downtime including but not limited to rolling silverware, restocking condiment holders, cleaning work areas, etc.
- Executes the service cycle and team responsibilities at all times.
- Maintains sufficient knowledge of the menu to execute suggestive selling with all guests.
- Writes guest check and/or operates POS equipment pursuant to company policies.
- Anticipates, identifies and corrects system breakdowns to achieve maximum guest satisfaction.
- Communicates with managers and co-workers regarding product/service deficiencies, equipment, safety problems, etc.
- Basic skills such as sanitation, safety, and customer service taught through in-house training
- Trustworthy; can be relied upon to deal with payment of guest checks and operate cash register
- Must be able to communicate clearly
Physical Requirements / Environment / Work Conditions:
- Must have high level of mobility/flexibility
- Must be able to work irregular hours under heavy stress/pressure during peak times
- Must possess a high level of coordination
- Must lift and carry serving trays weight up to 20 pounds for distances up to 30 feet
- Must be able to fit through an opening 30” wide
- Requires frequent reaching, bending, pushing and pulling
- Exposure to heat, steam, smoke, cold and odors
- Requires continual standing and walking
Benefits & Perks:
- Health Benefits
- Competitive Salary
- Flexible Schedule
DisclaimerThis job description is not intended, and should not be construed to be, an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts or working conditions associated with the job. It is intended, however, to be an accurate reflection of those principal job elements essential for making decisions related to job performance, employee development and compensation. As such, the employee may perform other duties and responsibilities as required.