Full Job Description
Persimmon Hollow Brewing Company is a rapidly growing craft brewery, Based in beautiful historic DeLand, in the heart of Central Florida. Our award-winning craft beers are beloved throughout Central Florida and our ever-growing distribution network. We opened our newest taproom in 2020 at Lake Eola. It’s a great opportunity to begin your career at Persimmon Hollow!
Server Job Responsibilities:
- Serves guests with food and beverages in a positive and friendly manner.
- Provides information to help food and beverage selections.
- Presents ordered choices in a prompt and efficient manner.
- Maintains dining ambiance with an enthusiastic attitude.
- Prepares room for dining by clothing tables and setting decorations, condiments, candles, napkins, service plates, and utensils.
- Protects establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety, and alcohol beverage control policies.
- Helps patrons select food and beverages by suggesting courses, identifying appropriate beverage pairings, and answering food preparation questions.
- Transmits orders to bar and kitchen by recording patrons’ choices and identifying patrons’ special dietary needs and special requests.
- Keeps kitchen staff informed by noting timing of meal progression.
- Serves orders by picking up and delivering patrons’ choices from bar and kitchen and delivering accompaniments and condiments from service bars.
- Responds to additional patron requirements by inquiring of needs and observing dining process.
- Maintains table setting by removing courses as completed, replenishing utensils, refilling water glasses, and being alert to patron spills or other special needs.
- Obtains revenues by totaling charges, issuing bills, accepting payments, and returning change or credit card and signature slip to patrons.
- Demonstrated pleasant attitude and energy to ensure great customer service
- Professional demeanor, appearance and communication skills in accordance with restaurant guidelines.
- Demonstrated ability to learn food and beverage knowledge and participate in training as required.
- Ability to work under pressure and multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with customers and crewmembers regarding food and beverage orders and customer questions and concerns.
- Ability to create a pleasant dining area for customers.
- Ability to remain alert and maintain positive attitude during slow periods.
- Ability to read menu offerings, product labels, register screen, pricing, receipts, safety procedures, and operating directions.
- Ability to maintain a safe and clean restaurant for customers.
- Ability to walk and stand for long durations.
- Ability to do moderate to heavy lifting (25 lbs. or less).
- Knowledge and adherence to PHBC policies and procedures.
- Commitment to service of customers, staff, co-workers and management.
- High integrity and honesty, Work Ethic, passion and commitment.
- Ability to work scheduled hours, including weekdays, weekends, and holidays.
- Follow through and dependability.
- Knowledge and commitment to safety and food sanitation.
Job Type: Full-time / Part time
- Customer Service: 1 year