$15 an hour
Full Job Description
The Night Auditor is responsible for posting and balancing charges and settlements for rooms, maintaining files and resetting the systems for the next day’s operations as well as working at the front desk of the hotel greeting and checking in arriving guests and checking out departing guests. The Night Auditor also provides excellent customer services to current and future guests and making reservations for incoming phone calls or walk-ins.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Audit, post and balance daily cashiers work.
- Ensure credit card system reconciles to daily transaction lists.
- Make a daily reservation count for arrivals and departures to direct actions in selling rooms.
- Block all incoming reservations based on guest request and availability.
- Block arriving reservations of all groups if deemed necessary, pre-register, place key in envelope and note room number on envelope, assuring a smoother check-in.
- Register all incoming guests, making sure that all pertinent information is obtained, registration card is completed and method of payment is established.
- Accept and record credit card and photo ID information on guest accounts and provide change for guests as needed.
- Assist in other departments as needed.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the hotel bathrooms, lobby and other public areas.
- Anticipate guest needs, respond promptly, and acknowledge guest regardless of how busy and whatever time of day.
- Maintain positive guest relations at all times.
- Address and resolve guest complaints and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Document all guest requests, concerns and communication information to responsible personnel for proper handling.
- Prepare daily cash report, balancing payments and disbursements with machine totals; prepare deposit slip and summary of daily bank status. Request change as needed.
- Maintain confidentiality and security of proprietary company information, correspondence reports and files.
- Handle all incoming and outgoing reservation requests.
- Care for lost and found items as directed by the General Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Required Skills and Experience
- Excellent computer skills.
- Highly energetic, go-getter, motivated individual.
- Willing to take initiative and work with little direction.
- Previous hospitality industry experience preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills with strong customer/client focus essential.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Ability to shift and manage multiple priorities
- Results driven focus and ability to work through to completion in a timely manner.
- Adaptable to change.