The Senior Director, Hospitality and Lodging leads the Nantahala-based hospitality teams of Lodging, Repair & Maintenance and Food & Beverage. The physical locations include one year-round and two seasonal restaurants, as well as 5 cabins and 24 Hostel lodging. The successful candidate must demonstrate experience in working in a team environment to deliver superior guest service standards, as well as the know-how to measure their successful execution. This position requires a person to teach and delegate responsibilities, organize complex projects, establish priorities consistent with the company objectives and manage budgetary requirements. The ideal candidate needs to be a strategic business leader who will own the delivery of all hospitality-related aspects of the Nantahala Campus. Implementing brand initiatives with the objective of meeting or exceeding guest expectations, resulting in increased guest loyalty, well maintaining profit is a priority for this role. Success in this position will be measured through business performance as well as communication and accountability of direct reports.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION
• Manage and support direct reports by setting standards, providing clear expectations and accountability through leadership and coaching.
• Integral leader of NOC culture and core values. Understanding the role culture and core values play in the delivery of the NOC experience to both Guest and employees.
• Create strategic plans that support growth in the off-season as well as nightly business in both Food & Beverage and Lodging.
• Effective communicator with diverse audiences.
• Consistently drive staff productivity through standards and expectations.
• Create and monitor metrics that are accurate measurements of the weekly performance of each department.
• Maximize both the dollar per guest, per visit and overall lifetime value across all departments.
• Assist Managers develop and audit key processes in Food & Beverage and Lodging to ensure that each department delivers to the expectations established .
• Implement an incentive structure that aligns managers with company quality, vision and growth strategies .
• Assist R&M Manager to develop, track and prioritize maintenance requests for ongoing upkeep, immediate needs and future capital expenditures to improve facilities and foresee potential future requirements.
• Manage all Nantahala-based construction projects to timelines and successful implementation.
• Work closely with Group Sales department to ensure guest expectations are delivered to standards of excellence.
• Take ownership of appearance standards for all guest facing departments.
• Develop, maintain and monitor budgets including all expenses and income for all departments within Food & Beverage, Repair & Maintenance and Lodging.
• Create, develop and manage effective communications across all onsite and support departments to effectively open channels and produce results.
• Propose and lead Capital Improvement projects including planning and implementing for the Nantahala Campus and Staff Housing Areas.
• Develop and implement process improvement plans that are executable and repeatable across all departments.
• Understand and maintain compliance of all federal, state and local laws and regulations including OSHA, HACCP, ABC, ALE, health and food safety, fire regulations and other legal requirements.
POSITION QUALIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
• Bachelors degree or equivalent education/experience preferred.
Preferred course of study: Business Administration, Hospitality, Tourism, Hotel Administration or related
• Required experience working in hotel or resort management, managing guest experience with specific skills in lodging, facilities, and food & beverage
• Expert in utilizing a variety of online systems/tools to book, track and evaluate business units
• Strong operational experience managing business units in the hospitality field
• Preferred background in project management with experience in full cycle project planning
• Capability for strategic decision-making and demonstrated financial and business acumen
• A visible, proactive, personally involved leader with excellent communication and organizational management background, demonstrated ability to delegate is required
• Familiarity with Net Promoter Scores and specifically how to positively affect them to grow positive outcomes and demonstrated through repeat guest bookings
• Experience managing a team of employees of various levels of experience and background, driving culture through those employees and departments
• Demonstrated success in training techniques in the hospitality industry
• Experience in time management and seasonal planning
• Proficient in working with a variety of reservation systems, maintenance management software and Microsoft products including Word, Excel, Outlook
Physical Requirements and Environment
• Must be comfortable sitting for long periods of time
• Must be comfortable walking across a variety of terrains and climbing stairs
• Must be comfortable working in an indoor office environment
• Must be comfortable lifting up to at least 25 lbs.
The above noted description is not intended to describe, in detail, the multitude of tasks that may be assigned, but rather to provide a general sense of the responsibilities and expectations of the position. As the nature of business demands change, so too may the essential functions of the position.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/k5rp1Pu8Nkj1Imloc4d8X