Full Job Description
Come be a part of making every person’s day bright and warm! We are looking for stellar Full and Part Time Guest Service Associates for our Peju Tasting Room located in Rutherford as well as for our gorgeous sister property in Carneros. We are a family owned and operated company. We farm organically and sustainably, craft wines from our estate-grown vineyards and host our guest with memorable experiences. Our culture and workplace is friendly, team oriented and family focused.
Our Guest Service Associates are the first point of contact for guests. The position provides a warm welcome, provides information, ensures guests are taken care of with a sense of urgency, assists in selling/ displaying merchandise, escorts guest to counters, processes POS transactions and does this in a very fast pace environment. We invite individuals who possess a friendly, gracious and warm approach, and enjoy connecting and serving guest to apply and help us in create memorable moments for our guests.
Full time, benefitted and Part Time roles available. WEEKENDS AND HOLIDAYS ARE REQUIRED
- Ability to greet guests with a smile, a warm welcoming and delightful manner. Ability to share the winery, family history and educate them about the wines.
- Ability to be yourself, be engaging, have fun and create memorable moments for guests.
- Ability to consistently present yourself in a professional and polished manner, consistent with our brand and Standards of Appearance.
- Ability to offer guests products and other purchasing opportunities. Ability to share offers, experiences, clubs and special seated tasting at our Rutherford property.
- Ability to utilize reservations systems, collecting guest contact information.
- Ability to utilize POS registers to process purchases and accurately input guest information.
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency imperceptible to guests.
- Must be able to be a team player and assist in other duties needed to support the Tasting Room.
- Escort guests to tasting counters.
- Assist team member and guests with sale transactions, wine club sign ups or wine pick-ups. Complete shipping orders as requested.
- Maintain and restock merchandise displays and point of sale material as needed.
- Previous guest service experience in luxury retail, restaurant, or hotel experience or guest service oriented
- Warm, gracious, and welcoming demeanor. Demonstrated ability to provide the highest quality external and internal customer service at all times.
- Engaging presence and presentation skills, with the ability to respond spontaneously and entertain and educate guests; ability to present a fresh and personalized experience to every guest.
- Consistently professional and polished in appearance.
- In all endeavors, demonstrates attention to quality, an entrepreneurial spirit, transparency and openness, respect, and integrity.
- Coachable willingness and eagerness to learn and perform company requirements. Inquisitive and asks questions to ensure understanding.
- Positive and humble attitude; ability to work well independently as well as harmoniously with a team.
- Some College education. High school diploma required
- Experience with reservation system and POS software; AMS experience a plus.
- Ability to work weekends and holidays is required.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be 21 years of age.