Full Job Description
The epitome of a modern classic, Beringer has been Napa Valleyâ€™s benchmark producer since its establishment in 1876. Winemaker Mark Beringer crafts classic wines from Napaâ€™s finest appellations and Beringerâ€™s exceptional collection of vineyards. Beringer is not just a name on a bottle. It is an authentic brand filled with the spirit of American optimism. Itâ€™s consistent, trusted and respected. Itâ€™s forward looking, but also extremely proud of its past. The historic estate in St. Helena offers a tradition of hospitality that defines the Napa Valley.
About the role
Provenance Vineyards prides itself on producing some of the top Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc in Napa Valley. The concept of “Provenance” (French for “origin” or “source”) reflects the winery’s dedication to seeking out the finest vineyard sources in Napa Valley and crafting wines that express their distinctive origin. As a result, we go straight to the source for the highest quality fruit in the Napa Valley, forging enduring relationships with the region’s top wine grape producers.
We are currently recruiting for a Full Time Hospitality Sales Associate at Provenance with a background in customer service, a good eye for detail, and truly enjoys fostering a wonderful experience for every guest that visits the property. As a Full Time Hospitality Sales Associate, you will be the main point of contact for our guests, so a polite and friendly demeanor are a must.
- Set-up and host wine tastings and tours for guests
- Act as a backup for other Hospitality Specialists who are conducting tastings and tours
- Operate cash registers
- Promote wine clubs
- Pack wine for retail orders.
- Assist in events, private dinners and various site activities
- Assist Merchandise Dept. with restocking, inventory and floor upkeep
- Provide world class customer service to site visitors
- Follow site policies and procedures.
- Complete projects and other duties as directed by Retail Sales Manager
- Must be 21 years of age
- Exemplary customer service skills
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to relay their knowledge of wines and wine production
- Dynamic communication skills & positive attitude
- Must have a clean professional appearance and excel in intercommunications and interactions.
- Ability to start a project and carry through to successful implementation
- Knowledge of food and wine, the wine industry, Sonoma, Napa and Bay Area restaurants
- This position must work weekends (Friday, Saturday and Sunday), some holidays and evenings
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs. (a case of wine)
- Two years of wine industry/and or tasting room experience highly desirable
Whatâ€™s in it for you
- The opportunity to be bold and make an impact in the world of wine
- Access to the worldâ€™s most celebrated wines through our employee product allowance
- True flexibility in determining how, when and where you work to achieve your potential
- Global opportunities across Australia & New Zealand, the US, Asia, UK/Europe
- Opportunity to build a career across multiple functions (weâ€™re really good at doing this!)
- Structured development programs to support your health, wellbeing and career
- â€œTWEforME Dayâ€� â€“ an additional day of leave each year, for you to do you
- Meeting-free Monday mornings (we all love this!)
We bring our whole selves, weâ€™re courageous and we deliver together â€“ thatâ€™s our DNA. Weâ€™re a passionate bunch who enjoy working together, like to have fun and keep things down-to-earth. Weâ€™re brave enough and care enough to have the right conversations to get the best outcome and are famous for our can-do attitude. Weâ€™re definitely â€œglass half fullâ€� people and see challenges as opportunities and move with pace to achieve our goals.
If youâ€™re ready to help us be the worldâ€™s most admired premium wine company, please apply now!
Inclusion and Diversity
Just like the wide range and variety of brands in our wine portfolio, TWE embraces diversity and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin or on the basis of disability. If you require any assistance to be included in our process, please contact email@example.com , quoting the job title and reference number.
How to apply
We do move quickly at TWE and continually review applications, so if you donâ€™t want to miss out, apply today!