$14 – $15 an hour
High school or equivalent (Required)
Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Aurora Medical Campus is currently looking for a part time front desk associate to join our team.
We are currently looking for a Front Desk Agent to join our team. 3-4 shifts per week, 2p-10p with weekend availability.
What’s the job?
The moment a guest steps into one of our hotels, they walk into a genuinely memorable experience. As a Front Desk Agent, you’ll not only be the person they rely on to handle transactions, offer local insights and anticipate every detail of a friction-free experience. You’ll also create the warm atmosphere that makes our guests feel at home in any location.
- Be the warm welcome that kicks off a memorable guest experience
- Acknowledge Rewards Club members and returning guests, in person or on the phone
- Take and manage guest bookings, up-selling opportunities and telling them about ways to improve their stay
- Handle cash and credit transactions
- Start every stay right by swiftly checking guests in and out – take IDs, and hand out room keys
- Stay one step ahead of guests’ needs – record and act on their preferences, and handle their messages, requests, questions and concerns
- Be a trusted contact for all guests. Help them with anything from bill issues to local knowledge, and loop in management when necessary
- Always know what events and activities are on the day’s schedule
- Jump into other ad-hoc duties when your colleagues need your help
What we need from you
- Communication skills – guests will need to come to you with concerns as well as compliments, so you’ll be easy to talk to
- Your problem-solving skills will turn issues into opportunities so every guest leaves with great memories
- Fluency in the local language – extra language skills would be great, but not essential
- Flexibility – night, weekend and holiday shifts are all part of the job
- You’ll have a high school diploma or qualification.
- Experience – ideally, you’ll have spent at least one year in a front desk or guest service position
- Strength – sometimes you’ll need to lift, push and pull big objects up to 50lbs (23 kg). This can involve bending and kneeling
The Holiday Inn Express & Suites Denver Aurora Medical Campus is located on Colfax Ave, only a few minutes from the Anschutz Medical Campus.
The ideal candidate is likely to have experience in the hotel industry at the front desk. Experience with Opera is preferred but not required.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $14.00 – $15.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location