$13.75 an hour
High school or equivalent (Preferred)
Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
Full Job Description
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Front Desk Agent to join our team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Phoenix – Mesa West location in Mesa, Arizona.
***Currently offering $200 sign-on bonus on 1st paycheck, and $400 bonus after 60 days!***
The schedule for the position is variable with most shifts being 3-11pm or 1-9pm. Part time and Full time available.
The Front Desk Agent is responsible for providing attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests during check-in, throughout their stay, and at checkout, while maximizing room revenue and occupancy.
Education & Experience
- College course work in related field helpful.
- Experience in a hotel or a related field preferred.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Computer experience required.
- Customer Services experience preferred.
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Light work – Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift.
- Ability to work weekends
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Wyndham standards.
- Answer guest inquires about hotel services, facilities and hours of operation in a timely manner.
- Review Front Office log and Trace File daily.
- Answer inquires from guests regarding restaurants, transportation, entertainment, etc.
- Follow all cash handling and credit policies.
- Have knowledge of emergency procedures and assist as needed.
- Handle check-ins and checkouts in a friendly, efficient and courteous manner.
- Fully comprehend and be able to operate all relevant aspects of the Front Desk computer system.
- Be able to perform and complete all tasks and duties on the shift checklist in a timely and efficient manner
- Balance and prepare individual paperwork for closing of shift according to hotel standards
- Maintain a clean work area.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $13.75 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Weekend availability
- Bonus pay
- Signing bonus
Masks provided to all team members and we have numerous precautions in place to work safely. From plexiglass panels at front desk to sanitizer stations throughout property. Gloves are readily available to team and we use only EPA-certified chemicals.
- If offered employment, would you consent to a criminal background screening?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)
- Hotel Experience: 1 year (Preferred)
- Front Desk: 1 year (Preferred)
- One location