$8.65 an hour
Full Job Description
Another Broken Egg Cafe is Hiring Servers
Join our family and enjoy working for a great company. Another Broken Egg is a daytime only breakfast and brunch cafe so you never have to work evenings! Learn more about us at anotherbrokenegg.com
- No night shifts ever!
- Competitive pay based on experience
- Excellent training
- Opportunities for advancement
Summary of Server Responsibilities
Interact with guests to ensure exemplary service in an efficient manner. Take orders, serve food and drinks, answer inquiries about the menu and comply with the wishes of the guest, as well as suggestively sell food and drinks. Work closely with Bussers and Hostess’ to ensure guests receive excellent service.
- Perform all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner with a sense of urgency.
- Answer questions about food and drinks including entrée ingredients, preparations, and accompanying items.
- Promptly greet newly seated guests in a friendly manner.
- Accurately take orders and up sell menu items such as appetizers, entrees, beverages, and desserts.
- Properly and quickly enter orders on the POS computer system.
- Attend to guests needs when delivering food and check back with guests to ensure their satisfaction.
- Ensure guests’ expectations have been exceeded. Professionally resolve food or service issues.
- Maintain table appearance by pre-bussing, checking drink levels, removing clutter, and providing extra napkins if necessary.
- Promptly accept payment and follow appropriate accounting procedures.
- Uphold and maintain high quality customer service and hospitality.
- Set up & take down wait station according to opening and closing procedures.
- Keep immediate supervisor informed of significant issues and take prompt corrective action.
- Maintain a favorable working relationship with all other company employees to foster and promote a cooperative and harmonious working atmosphere.
- Keep wait station clean. Monitor cleanliness of restrooms and outside perimeter of building.
- Empty trash, sweep, mop &/or vacuum the restaurant floor when there is no support (hostess, bussers) available.
- Must be dressed neatly and well-groomed in company approved uniform.
- Must be able to operate P.O.S. computer system, make change correctly and make credit card transactions accurately.
- Must be able to deliver plates, food and clear tables, which may require lifting of up to 30 lbs.
- Walk or stand most of 6–8-hour shift.
- Must be able to read menu items and speak English.
- Able to reach, bend, stoop and perform cleaning duties.
- Professional phone skills. Must be able to hear well with loud background noise, in order to answer telephone and respond to guest requests.
- Must be able to calmly respond to angry guests and notify a manager immediately if the matter cannot be corrected in a timely manner.
- Able to lift and carry supplies and bus tubs of up to 50 lbs. Up to 20 times per shift.
- Must be able to clearly communicate guest’s needs to other employees including bussers, hostess, and manager.
General Training Points:
- Always wear a genuine smile – enjoy yourself!
- Treat each guest as you would like to be treated, make the guest comfortable.
- Personalize your thank yous.
- Suggest appropriate drinks, offer Bloody Marys & mimosas, lattes.
- Show off your menu knowledge – suggest specific items such as your favorites or popular items using descriptive words in your recommendations.
- Work on the service basics (hospitality, knowledge, professionalism, timing, anticipation).
- Work on service awareness (smile, speed, teamwork, guest feedback).
- Organization is your key to success – develop a system.
- Communicate as you move through the restaurant (safety).
- Be aware of surrounding tables – Teamwork!
- Always be professional – maintain a positive attitude (even in busy times).
- Guest satisfaction and exceptional service is your priority.
- A dissatisfaction is an opportunity to impress the guest by correcting the problem (get a manager involved).
- Review proper table set-ups.
- Schedules may vary and may include working weekend, but with no night shifts
- Open to applicants who do not have a high school diploma/GED
- A good job for someone just entering the workforce or returning to the workforce with limited experience and education
- Great for someone who has kids and can work while they are in school since our restaurants close at 2pm
- A great second job
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Welcome to apply in person
Note: This job description is not an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities or qualifications associated with the position. Other duties as assigned.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $8.65 per hour
- Day shift
- One location