$60,000 – $65,000 a year
High school or equivalent (Required)
Night Shift (Required)
US work authorization (Required)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Driver’s License (Preferred)
Level 1 Sommelier Certification (Preferred)
Full Job Description
North Ranch Country Club has an opening for a Beverage Manager & Sommelier. Candidates must have a passion for hospitality and providing an excellent experience to members and guests.
North Ranch Country Club has an exciting social calendar throughout the year with events that appeal to the entire family. Whether you have a palate for wine tasting, love experiencing new food or want to mingle with other families in the area, our events are the glue that bonds our membership.
As a manager of the Food & Beverage team, the Beverage Manager & Sommelier will collaborate with the Food & Beverage leadership team to develop wine and beverage menu programs, ordering and inventory processes and controls of all alcoholic beverages for the property. The focus of the role will be to strategically manage the daily operations of the department as well as supervising, teaching and mentoring bartenders, servers, and other associates involved in service of alcoholic beverages.
One of the unique features that set us apart from other Clubs in the area is our wine culture! We take wine very seriously and it is reflected in our 20 wine events each year. Not only do we carry over 350 wines by the bottle, but we also offer 27 various style wines by the glass from regions all over the world as well as several half bottle and large format selections and vintage verticals.
- High school diploma or GED required.
- Degree in Hospitality or related field is preferred.
- Three years of restaurant supervisory experience.
- Demonstrated knowledge of wines, sprits, beers, and craft cocktails.
- Demonstrated knowledge of beverage purchasing experience and inventory controls.
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Wine Knowledge, with minimum of Level 1 Sommelier certification completion preferred.
Job Knowledge, Core Competencies and Expectations
- Responsible for management of dining room and beverage service.
- Maintains a high level of member contact throughout service hours.
- Ensure all beverage menus are up to date for each service.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and special events.
- Knowledgeable of all aspects of department and daily club operation, including scheduled events and operating hours.
- Acts ethically and honestly at all times.
- Assures that all state and local laws and club policies and procedures for the service of alcoholic beverages are consistently followed.
- Knowledge of and ability to perform required role during emergency situations.
Salary & Benefits
Besides a great working environment, we offer competitive wages, health benefits, holiday pay, sick pay, vacation and a matching 401k program.
Please submit resume or apply online at https://secure4.entertimeonline.com/ta/6141255.jobs?JobsSearch=1
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $60,000.00 – $65,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- Fine dining restaurant
- 10 hour shift
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Westlake Village, CA 91362 (Preferred)
- Do you have a degree in Hospitality or related field?
- Are you willing to undergo a background screening and drug screening if a position is offered?
- Do you have good knowledge of wines, sprits, beers, and craft cocktails?
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Restaurant Supervisor: 3 years (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Level 1 Sommelier Certification (Preferred)
- Advanced skills in Word, Excel, and Outlook (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Required)
- One location