Full Job Description
Greet and escort guests to rooms. Open doors and assist guests/visitors entering and leaving property. Inform guests of property amenities, services, and hours of operation, and local areas of interest and activities. Identify and explain room features to guests (e.g., use of room key, mini-bar, ice and vending areas, in-room safe, valet laundry services). Transport guest luggage to and from guest rooms and/or designated bell area. Assist with luggage storage and retrieval. Assist guests/visitors in and out of vehicles, including assisting guests with loading/unloading luggage. Supply guests with directions. Arrange transportation (e.g., taxi cab, shuttle bus) for guests/visitors, and record advance transportation request as needed. Communicate parking procedures to guests/visitors.
Follow all company policies and procedures, and report accidents, injuries, and unsafe work conditions to manager. Maintain awareness of undesirable persons on property premises. Ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional, and maintain confidentiality of proprietary information. Welcome and acknowledge all guests, anticipate and address guests’ service needs, assist individuals with disabilities, and thank guests with genuine appreciation. Speak with others using clear and professional language, and answer telephones using appropriate etiquette. Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others. Comply with quality assurance expectations and standards. Read and visually verify information in a variety of formats (e.g. small print). Move at a speed that is required to respond to work situations (e.g., run, walk, jog). Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time or for an entire work shift. Move, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing less than or equal to 50 pounds without assistance and objects weighing in excess of 75 pounds with assistance. Move over sloping, uneven, or slippery surfaces as well as up and down stairs and/or service ramps. Reach overhead and below the knees, including bending, twisting, pulling, and stooping. Perform other reasonable job duties as requested by Supervisors.
- Show guests to room assisting them with their luggage.
- Explain all hotel facilities, their location in the hotel, hours of operation, and answer all questions about these facilities and other hotel questions.
- Check luggage for hotel guests both for day and overnight.
- Maintain the designated stations in the lobby, standing alert to be easily summoned for fronts.
- Open doors while guests are being greeted in a friendly and courteous manner.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the bell stand, lobby and baggage room. Keep lobby door and windows clean when not busy with guests.
- Post the daily events board and entertainment board in the lobby.
- Maintain an open communication line through all shifts by proper use of inter-shift log.
- Deliver messages and valet to guest rooms.
- Perform pick-ups and drop-offs at the airport for the guests in a timely and friendly manner and inspect vehicles.
- May perform the duties of a valet.
- Assist front desk with key inventory twice weekly.
Knowledge and Skills:
Education: High School Education or equivalent experience
Experience: Customer Contact Experience preferred.
Skills and Abilities: Ability to communicate with guests, respond to questions, knowledge of hotel services, local area events and activities. Ability to drive vans, limousines and automobiles and an excellent driving record as verified by a Motor Vehicle Report preferred. Second language may be desired.
No. of employees supervised: None
Travel required: Local travel as needed
Hours Required: Scheduled days and times may vary based on need.
Here are some reasons our associates like working with us:
(Some of our Benefits apply to Full Time Associates Only)
- Discounted hotel Stays
- Discounted Employee Meals
- Flexible Hours
- Competitive pay
- Great Benefits including various levels of Medical plans, prescription discounts plus vision/dental
- Great work environment