$15.00 – $17.50 an hour
Food Service: 1 year (Required)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
Part Time or Full Time Barista sought to start as soon as possible! Opportunities for building new skills and professional advancement in our new and growing business.
Lassi & Spice is the first of its kind, offering a unique and delicious Indian-inspired menu of lassis (smoothies), chai, espresso, coffee, pastries and delicious small plates. Our barista role is filled with action and variety, from taking customer orders to making espresso to cooking up batches of delicious food. But mostly the role is about delighting our customers with excellent, friendly service.
· You enjoy working with people! Making others comfortable and happy is your passion.
· You enjoy learning! Culinary and barista experience is not required, but a willingness to learn and adapt is a must.
· You are comfortable standing and being active throughout your four-to-eight hour shift. You are able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis
· You are punctual and responsible, following through on your commitments
· You are available to work 20-35 hours per week, and have consistent availability from week to week.
– You are available at least 1 weekend day per week
· You enjoy performing a variety of tasks, and you’re proactive and accountable for the quality of your work.
– Preference for candidates available to start training immediately.
About our Ideal Candidate
· You deliver legendary customer service. You welcome all customers – regardless of backgrounds – and connect with them to respond to their needs.
· You consistently provide quality beverages and food products by adhering to all recipe and presentation standards.
· You follow health, safety and sanitation guidelines for all products and processes, maintaining a current Food Handler card.
· You follow operational policies and procedures, including those for cash handling and safety and security, to ensure the safety of all employees during each shift.
· You maintain a calm demeanor during periods of high volume or unusual events to keep store operating to standard. You set a positive example for the shift team.
· You anticipate customer and store needs by constantly evaluating the store environment and customers for cues.
· You assist with new employee training by positively reinforcing standards and giving respectful and encouraging coaching as needed.
· You communicate information and ideas to the manager in order to make Lassi and Spice a better company and better place to work.
· $15.00 per hour salary plus share of tips through tip pool (estimated to be $2-$5 per hour)
· 1 hour of PTO (paid time off) for every 20 hours worked. 2 shifts of PTO front loaded, with up to 15 days available per year.
· $40 per month reimbursed for public transit riders
– Paid Family and Medical Leave thru Washington State
– Access to subsidized health/dental/vision benefits (when working 30 hours or more per week)
– Complementary shift food and beverages
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
Pay: $15.00 – $17.50 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Flexible schedule
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Parental leave
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
All staff are required to be vaccinated for COVID 19. Employees currently wear masks at all times and practice social distancing, frequent hand washing and frequent sanitizing of all surfaces.
Ability to Commute/Relocate:
- Seattle, WA 98109 (Required)
- Are you currently vaccinated against COVID 19?
- Food Service: 1 year (Required)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- One location