Why We’re Here
We believe heartfelt, human connections make people’s lives better. Especially the people who work here.
Our founder, Bill Kimpton rebelled against impersonal, generic hospitality that makes people feel disconnected. He initiated a new boutique hotel standard and environment where people could connect, from the heart. That was the goal then, and it is still our purpose today.
Your work here has meaning. You’re here to improve the lives of coworkers, guests, owners, communities, and together we make that happen. It’s what drives all that we do. Every day you can improve lives in your own, unique way and you can expect the same in return. It all starts with you.
How We’re Different
Our San Francisco-born entrepreneurial spirit and zest for life kick started this culture in 1981, and it shines through to this day.
It all flows from you. The lively, rebellious, genuine you – with your diverse background, talents, experiences, and plucky personality – is fully welcome, and celebrated here. Because we know that when people can be themselves at work, they shine.
That’s what we seek out and celebrate. It’s people of all kinds who share a knack for creativity and self-leadership. People who don’t need to be told what to do to get things done. People who have an innate passion for making others’ lives better.
It adds up to a work environment that’s a bit quirky, irreverent, exciting, uncommon, empowering, and downright exceptional. Guests feel it; you’ll feel it too.
What You’ll Do
Do you love banquets and catering? In this role, you’ll provide timely and courteous service to all banquet guests, encouraging the guest to return again and facilitate outstanding banquet experiences. You’ll serve food and beverages at banquet functions in a timely manner in a dynamic team-focused environment!
Some of your responsibilities include:
- Provide guests with excellent customer service, and accommodate any needs for reasonable special requests.
- Bus and set tables, including condiments as needed.
- Prepare room for events (set table cloths, dishes, silverware as needed).
- Serve guests food and drinks during events as required.
- Be able to answer questions related to buffet or menu.
- Lead yourself based on the details and support given from Banquet Captain, Lead Server or Banquet Manager.
- Other duties may be assigned by supervisor.
What You Bring
- Previous food & beverage, hospitality, restaurant, banquets or hotel experience is required.
- Strong knowledge of food and wine.
- Ability to get along with staff and guests.
- Passion for creating ridiculously personable experiences!
- Flexible schedule, able to work evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Food Handler Certificate (if applicable)
opens a pdf file
Be Yourself. Lead Yourself. Make it Count.