$40,000 – $42,000 a year
sales: 1 year (Preferred)
Day Shift (Preferred)
Night Shift (Preferred)
Full Job Description
West Tasting Room is a wine retail shop and tasting room showcasing wines from the west coast regions of California, Oregon and Washington. At West, we focus on wineries, not just wines. We showcase over 50 wineries from the west coast region where guests can taste through bottles from each winery, similar to a winery’s tasting room. We invite our guests to have a glass, flight, or bottle in our tasting room or purchase wine to take home from our retail shop. We also offer a light-fare, cold menu.
West is opening its doors in early July and we’re looking to build a dynamic team and strong infrastructure so we can execute our operations efficiently and successfully. Our goal is to create a positive work environment that advocates for hard work, respect, and a work/life balance.
West is looking for an Assistant General Manager to work alongside the Owner in the day-to- day operations of both Front-of-House and Back-of-House. This position will serve as the Owner’s right-hand in every aspect needed as a start-up brick and mortar. The AGM will be a key player in setting a welcoming tone for guests and leading the team in a positive manner.
- Staff Management: managing daily staff responsibilities, including, shift scheduling, employee training and work performance evaluations
- Collaborating with team to create a culture and work environment based upon respect; fosters opportunities for team to learn, grow and develop their abilities within the industry
- Representing the restaurant professionally through effective communication, cooperation and relationships with the all business partners
- Taking initiative to help foster and grow the business, streamline operations, and create efficiencies
- Assisting the Owner in all managerial duties, including, operational procedures, customer service, wine sales, wine and food inventory management, vendor relations, marketing efforts and wine club management
- Liaisons with wineries to assist in the coordination of wine club promotions and winemaker events
- Maintaining a high-level of customer service for both the retail shop and tasting room ensuring guests always feel welcome and enjoy their experience
- Assisting in all customer sales efforts including; retail selection assistance, wine recommendations, pouring wine, taking orders, and customer payment transactions.
- Overseeing back-of-house operations, including, managing food and supply inventory, placing orders with distributors, menu items are being executed appropriately.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in the restaurant in accordance with company policy and health department guidelines.
- Minimum of 2 years’ restaurant or wine sales experience
- Passion for food, wine and the hospitality industry
- Wine knowledge is required including an understanding of winemaking, varietals, regions and producers. Wine certifications such as WSET, CSW, Court of Sommeliers is a plus
- College degree preferred
- Basic knowledge of software programs and ability to train quickly on platforms such as Gusto, Shopify, Clover POS and more.
- Basic familiarity with sales and customer payment transactions
- Excellent communication skills, attention to detail and task follow-through
- Must be a forward thinking that recognizes opportunities for growth
- Must be able to find solutions for conditions that fall short of company standards
- Professional references required
- Full-time salary + health insurance (after 6 months)
- Annual salary increases (based on performance)
- 2 weeks paid vacation annually, additional personal/sick days, floating holiday pay
- Employee discount on wine
- Potential for advancement and growth
In your cover letter please tell us why you’re interested in this position, who you are, things you love and what the value of hard work means to you.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $40,000.00 – $42,000.00 per year
- Dental insurance
- Employee discount
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Are you able to work on the weekends?
- Bachelor’s (Preferred)
- sales: 1 year (Preferred)
- restaurant/front of house: 2 years (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
- One location